Cenex is providing support and project management for the installation of three fast chargers and two rapid chargers for Gloucestershire County Council in each of the Gloucester and Cheltenham areas under a national government scheme.
Both Gloucester and Cheltenham city centres will have three strategically chosen car parks enabled with fast chargers (4 hr charging time) in order to serve the popular locations in both cities. The rapid charging equipment (30 min charging time for 80% charge) will be strategically placed near major road links within the region including the A40 and the M5 amongst others.
Cenex has supported the applications, with the fast chargers being funded by a Local Sustainable Transport Fund provided by the Government to set the region up for future changes in road transport. The fast charger installation project aims to be completed in June 2014.
The rapid chargers are being part funded by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles, with the rapid charger installation aiming to be completed by April 2015, with at least two of the chargers installed in 2014.
Cenex is providing the following services to Gloucestershire County Council:
- Independent advice on strategic charging equipment positioning
- Liaison with public and private organisations to seek charging equipment location permission
- Site surveys for charging equipment positioning and location choice
- Impartial equipment and installation procurement advice, setup of tendering procedures and documents
- Chair of equipment and installation procurement exercise
- Project management of installations with the equipment supplier and installer
- Inspection of installations, collection of sign-off documentation and sign-off of the equipment with the Council
- Promotion of EVs and charging points with the Council
Cenex is also providing the following services to Bristol City Council:
- Impartial rapid chargers equipment procurement advice
- Co-chair of rapid charger equipment and installation procurement exercise
Our extensive work in the electric vehicle and charging infrastructure deployment fields make Cenex the perfect partner for any organisation looking to implement a network of charging points. As well as previous experience of managing and working on government funded schemes, Cenex offers practical, realistic and business focused advice to help an organisation reach it’s infrastructure deployment targets. For more information on UK EVSE procurement guide please click here.