Title of Post: Energy and Transport Data Analyst Assistant
Location: Loughborough UK
Closing date for applications: 15th January 2018
INTRODUCTION TO CENEX
Established in 2005 as the UK’s first Centre of Excellence for Low Carbon and Fuel Cell technologies. Cenex (www.cenex.co.uk) operates as an independent not-for-profit consultancy and Research and Technology Organisation. Cenex specialise in low emission vehicle and associated energy infrastructure projects which support innovation and market development and help accelerate the shift to a low carbon economy. Cenex runs the UK’s largest annual low carbon vehicle technology showcasing and networking event (www.cenex-lcv.co.uk).
The purpose of the role is to provide data analysis, reporting and presentation support to the Cenex Transport and Energy Systems teams. Data and information will be collected from a wide range of systems, including vehicles telematics, refuelling stations and energy consumption from buildings. This data is then used to support our research portfolio, and customers, in relation to the development, understanding and deployment of new and emerging low carbon vehicles and infrastructure. The job is open to both university leavers and individuals with industrial experience.
TYPICAL ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE
- Analysis of low carbon vehicle performance data, reporting and presenting the results.
- Development and analysis of questionnaires to assess individual and company perceptions of low emission vehicles.
- Develop analytical techniques to assess the performance of low emission vehicle types (electric, hydrogen, natural gas, etc.), and supporting infrastructure, for on road / in fleet operations (practical, economic and life-cycle).
- Liaise with external project stakeholders and customers to ensure the timely delivery of data.
- Support the Cenex research and development portfolio undertaking technical tasks.
- Operation of vehicle and vehicle-to-grid performance modelling software (training will be given).
- Develop and write technical papers and reports (and present where required) on Cenex projects.
- Engineering or technical degree
- Data analysis skills and experience
- Good communicator
- Good report writing skills
- Analytical mind
- Completer/finisher task orientated, capable of working unsupervised
- Environmental, Automotive, Mechatronic post graduate qualification
- Interest in environmental technology
- Motor or energy industry experience
- Information collection, database and statistical analysis experience
- Vehicle modelling
- Matlab, SQL
- Report and presentation experience
- Driving licence
- £20,000 – £30,000 dependent on skills and experience
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com