Pay £24,000-£30,000 dependent on experience
Reporting to CEO for LCV event and to the Head of Business Development for all other responsibilities
Application Deadline Midnight, Sunday 26th November
Based on the Loughborough University Campus, Cenex is the UK’s Centre of Excellence for Low Carbon and Fuel Cell Technologies- www.cenex.co.uk. Cenex operates as a small (18 employee) specialist not for profit consultancy involved in promoting low carbon vehicles and fuels through projects run for a range of public and private sector clients.
Cenex runs the UK’s largest national Low Carbon Vehicle event (www.cenex-lcv.co.uk). Now in its ninth year, the LCV event incorporates technology exhibition, extensive seminar programme, facilitated networking with UK and overseas delegates and a ride & drive for the latest hybrid, electric and alternatively fuelled vehicles available on the market, as well as those from research projects.
The candidate will work within a small team that retains a high profile in the business-to-business and business-to-government sectors in which it operates. The role will suit a candidate wishing to play a leading role in developing the LCV event, delivering low carbon vehicle R&D dissemination activities and leading the marketing and communication actions of Cenex to its key stakeholders.
- Leading on the development, delivery and project management of LCV
- Responsible for the marketing strategy and plan, working alongside business development team and senior management for suitable communication outlets
- Leading on marketing and communication material (including website) refresh and update in line with Cenex corporate objectives
- Leading on all Cenex marketing and brand management, including print, digital and social media
- Leading on the development and production of marketing materials
- Responsible for enhancing Cenex brand through PR activities
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of marketing and communications strategy
- Management of PR and digital subcontractors
- Leading on the delivery of all Cenex events, including exhibition stands, training programmes, and business development events, with the exception of the Cenex presence at LCV
- Representing Cenex at conferences, exhibitions and events as required
- Supporting project dissemination and communication
- Managing LCV budget including cost control, securing income, and ensuring revenue is generated to meet profit target
- Ensuring all marketing and communication activities are delivered on budget and meet strategic objectives
- Managing LCV support staff including subcontracted sales manager
- Responsible for the recruitment and management of Events and Marketing Support staff
- An enthusiastic individual with an interest in low carbon vehicles
- Minimum 2 years experience in an events or marketing position
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage competing deadlines
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally with a professional marketing/communication qualification
- Enjoys working with a small team
- Good organisational skills, efficient and very flexible
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience of using twitter and other social media.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com