Deadline for applications: 12 noon, Friday 12th January 2018
Established in 2005 as the UK’s first Centre of Excellence for Low Carbon and Fuel Cell technologies. Cenex (www.cenex.co.uk) operates as an independent not-for-profit consultancy and Research and Technology Organisation. Cenex specialises in low emission vehicle and associated charging infrastructure projects to support innovation and market development and help accelerate the shift to a low carbon economy. Cenex runs the UK’s largest annual low carbon vehicle technology showcasing and networking event (www.cenex-lcv.co.uk).
We are seeking an experienced consultant, or technical manager from industry, to join our growing team. The role is for an individual with expertise in Electric Vehicle (EV) recharging systems, and ideally wider experience in energy infrastructure for alternatively fuelled vehicles. The role involves managing the delivery of technical projects within the Cenex Energy Systems portfolio. Projects will include strategic advice on EV infrastructure planning and roll-out, as well as managing or supporting research projects examining emerging technologies such as vehicle-to-grid and inductive wireless charging.
The job is open to individuals with at least 3 years of relevant EV infrastructure/energy sector experience.
- Delivery of consultancy projects, typically providing technical and strategic advice to clients looking to roll-out EV infrastructure.
- Delivery of work-packages within research and development projects, typically examining emerging EV charging trends and how EV growth can be accommodated through managed charging and supporting investments in electricity generation and distribution.
- Developing and writing technical papers, reports and presentations on Cenex projects.
- Supporting the business development team to develop new products and services in low-carbon vehicle infrastructure to exploit learning from Cenex’ research projects.
- Co-ordinating and supporting the development of market studies and forecasts to maintain Cenex’s leading position as a Government advisor.
- Understanding client needs, and developing project proposals to meet these needs
- Ability to quickly extract key requirements from customer information.
- Support Head of Energy Systems with timely reporting of project status and progress.
- Knowledge of the infrastructure requirements for low emission vehicles, particularly electric vehicles, and an interest in the road-map for future development
- Ability to interpret and apply the standards and regulations applicable to EV infrastructure and energy system integration.
- Consultancy and/or industrial experience covering the Energy or Automotive sectors
- Degree qualified, with an ability to grasp, analyse and summarise complex technical information.
- At least 3 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- First-rate communication skills, particularly written English and report construction.
- Confident when customer facing
- Proven self-starter with project management skills, and capable of working unsupervised.
- Ability to see projects from inception to completion.
- Valid driving licence.
- Entitled to work in the UK\European Union.
- Knowledge of energy sector, and understanding of the impact of electric vehicles on the energy network.
- Experience of industrial research within UK or European Union funded projects
- Appreciation of the commercial considerations related to the development and operation of a charging network.
- Experience using mathematical models and/or simulation to solve complex technical and commercial problems.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification.
- Project management experience (PRINCE2 or equivalent).
- Second European language.
- £35,000 – £50,000 dependent on skills and experience.
- Two positions are being advertised. One located in the East Midlands and one in the Netherlands.
- Relocation package available.
- Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
- We are willing to consider individuals at a less senior level with an appropriate adjustment to the remuneration package.