Salary: £20-28k (dependent on experience) plus benefits
Closing date: 13th September
Are you coming to the end of a masters or recently graduated and looking for an opportunity to help shape the future of energy and transport? If so, Cenex has the perfect opportunity for you to use your experience in the energy and transport infrastructure field.
At Cenex we are working hard to make the world a better place by reducing the environmental impact of transport, energy and infrastructure. Due to the significant expansion of our Energy Systems & Infrastructure group, we are recruiting an Assistant Technical Specialist to join our team on a permanent basis. The aim of the role is to support the delivery of a range of R&D and consultancy projects, with a focus on Electric Vehicle (EV) charging and renewable energy infrastructure. The individual will also receive training and development opportunities and exposure to some of the most cutting-edge innovations in the industry.
The role is open to university leavers, individuals with industry experience and individuals looking for opportunities to make a career change.
Typical accountabilities include:
- Analysis of data for projects in exciting new areas such as wireless and on-street charging and Vehicle-to-Grid
- Conducting research, analysis and assessment of low emission technologies, markets, and policy
- Business case assessments, including modelling of economic and environmental impacts
- Supporting expert consultancy on transport and energy infrastructure to both public and private sector clients
- Stakeholder engagement with key industry parties, including the writing of public industry reports and attending major industry conferences
The successful candidate is likely to possess the following:
- Education to Masters level or above in a related Engineering or technical degree.
- An interest in climate change and environmental technologies
- Experience in project management and delivery
- Good communicator, with experience of presenting and writing reports
- Analytical mind
- Data analysis skills, with experience of Excel
- Completer/finisher task orientated, capable of working unsupervised
- Located near to Loughborough or willing to relocate
In return for your skills, we offer competitive pay and benefits in a genuinely great place to work which is highly professional, dynamic and fun. If you think you have the experience and ability we are looking for, then please send your CV, with a covering letter (maximum two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org.