INTRODUCTION TO CENEX
Would you like to be part of solving one of the biggest environmental challenges on the planet? If so, now is the time for you to join our expanding Transport Team at Cenex.
Established in 2005 as the UK’s first Centre of Excellence for Low Carbon and Fuel Cell technologies, Cenex (www.cenex.co.uk) operates as an independent not-for-profit consultancy and Research and Technology Organisation. Cenex specialises in low emission vehicle and associated energy infrastructure projects which support innovation and market development and help accelerate the shift to a low carbon economy. Cenex runs Europe’s largest annual low carbon vehicle technology showcasing and networking event (www.cenex-lcv.co.uk).
Due to the growth of our Transport Team, we are recruiting engineers or scientists who can provide analytical and modelling skills to the Cenex Transport Team supporting programmes and projects for our customers related to the development and deployment of new and emerging low emission vehicles and infrastructure. The job is suited to recent university graduates with no industrial experience.
TYPICAL ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE
- Operation of vehicle performance modelling and simulation software
- Maintenance of code for in-house analysis and modelling software
- Analysis of low carbon vehicle performance data and reporting of the results
- Support projects regarding low emission automotive technologies, markets, and fuelling
- Deploy analytical techniques to assess the performance of low emission vehicle types (electric, hydrogen, natural gas, etc.), and supporting infrastructure, for on road / in fleet operations (technical, economic and life-cycle environmental)
- Support market research and techno-market analysis on low emission technologies and products
- Update in-house tools to provide advice and guidance to fleets on the practical low emission alternatives to petrol/diesel vehicles
- UK/Irish citizen, or holder of EU settled or pre-settled status
- Engineering or technical degree
- Analytical mind
- Experience of programming in Matlab, VBA, Python or SQL for data analysis
- Information collection, database and statistical analysis experience
- Data analysis skills, with experience of Excel
- Completer/finisher task orientated
- Good communicator, with some experience of presenting and writing reports
- Automotive engineering and simulation qualification
- Interest in environmental technology
- Motor industry engagement
- Vehicle modelling experience
- Experience of low emission vehicles and infrastructure
- Experience of vehicle telemetry systems and energy monitoring equipment
- Experience of life cycle assessment (LCA) software operation
- Korean language
- £23,000 – £28,000 dependent on skills and experience, plus excellent benefits
- Blended working arrangements, combining social distancing measures with flexible hours and remote working
We provide an exciting and rewarding place for you to work, providing the opportunity to make a real difference in the world by working with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals who are committed to reducing the environmental impact of transport.
In addition to a competitive salary plus significant benefits such as flexible working, you will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
We will be interviewing for this role from mid to late November 2021, so if you feel you can combine your expertise in this field with the fantastic career opportunity Cenex provides, please apply now!
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org