Climate change is the greatest challenge the world faces today. The UK government has committed to reach ‘net zero’ emissions by 2050. Changing how we travel, and how we move goods and services, will be essential for the UK to achieve that target. Emissions are reducing less from transport than from other sectors, so innovative solutions need to be developed and implemented quickly to achieve ‘net zero’.
Would you like to be part of an organisation working to solve these environmental challenges? If so, now is the time to join our expanding Transport Team at Cenex.
Cenex is a unique, influential low emission vehicle research and consultancy business. Though we are a small organisation, we are one of the leading voices in the UK for many sectors of the low and zero emission transport industry. We specialise in helping public and private sector organisations evaluate and deliver low emission vehicle and associated infrastructure strategies to enable them to achieve their own emission reduction targets. We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation, focusing on providing our clients with targeted advice and support that can make an immediate impact. If you want to know more about us and the work that we carry out, please visit our website at www.cenex.co.uk.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Technical Specialist to join our expanding Fleet Support team.
The fleet support team works with fleet operators, vehicle suppliers, and our infrastructure strategy team to accelerate the transition to zero and low emission vehicles. We analyse fleet data and operations to highlight the most suitable vehicle technologies, develop and support low emission vehicle trials, and provide fleet operators with bespoke guidance and tools.
The role, reporting to the Fleet Support Team Leader, has a strong focus on data analysis and is open to recent graduates as well as those with more experience. The role will involve the following activities:
- Processing and analysing data provided by fleet operators other sources such as the Department for Transport.
- Supporting project teams with technical data analysis, modelling, and reporting on consultancy and research projects.
- Updating Cenex fleet advice tools and vehicle databases such as the LoCITY Fleet Advice Tool and Commercial Vehicle.
- Performing market research into new low emission vehicle technologies and products.
- Contributing to technical reports and customer presentations / progress updates.
To be successful in the role you should possess the following attributes:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics Degree (or equivalent).
- Excellent data analysis knowledge and skills (advanced Excel).
- Ability to propose solutions to problems and seek guidance when required.
- Ability to manage your own workload and balance competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with team members and clients.
- A genuine interest in environmental issues and technology.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification such as Environmental Science, Engineering or Transport Planning
- Professional experience of projects relating to low emission vehicles and fuels, or shared and micro-mobility
- Undertaking applied research and compiling and presenting results to clients and other interested parties.
- Demonstrate a competent level of presentation skill
We provide an exciting and rewarding place of work, providing the opportunity to make a real difference in the world by working with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals who are committed to reducing the environmental impact of transport.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer significant benefits such as flexible working hours, hybrid working policy, generous holiday entitlement (27 days plus statutory), stakeholder pension scheme (7.5% employer contribution) and electric vehicle/e-bike salary sacrifice scheme. Plus, you will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring, and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Monday 30 May 2022.