Can you influence the future direction of transport in the UK and Europe? If so, there is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your events and marketing experience here at Cenex as our Events Assistant.
Cenex are a not-for-profit organisation employing 35 people across the UK and Netherlands, with the overall objective of lowering emissions through innovation in transport and energy infrastructure.
We run Europe’s largest Low Carbon Vehicle Innovation event (www.cenex-lcv.co.uk). The LCV event incorporates technology exhibition, extensive seminar programmes, facilitated networking with UK and overseas delegates and a ride & drive experience for the latest hybrid, electric and alternatively fuelled vehicles available on the market, as well as those from research projects.
In this role, which reports to the Events and Marketing Manager, you will:
- • Successfully plan, develop and deliver Cenex-LCV & the new co-located event Cenex-CAM (www.cenex-cam.co.uk)
• Support the delivery of Cenex project dissemination activities, events and training programmes
• Engage with stakeholders to drive sales and sponsorship and promote delegate registration/attendance
• Liaise with suppliers, clients and contractors to ensure all expectations are met
• Manage event admin, including delegate lists, VIPs and feedback
• Support the development of marketing and communication strategy and production of marketing materials to deliver business growth
To be considered for the role you should possess:
- • Enthusiasm with an interest in low carbon vehicles
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage competing deadlines
• Strong communication skills, the ability to negotiate and set expectations
• One year’s experience of event organisation
• Experience/knowledge of marketing and/or communications
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience of using social media platforms
• Valid UK driving licence and ability to travel in the UK and to Europe as well as being willing to work occasional flexible hours
In return for your skills, we offer competitive pay and benefits in a genuinely great place to work which is highly professional, dynamic and fun. If you think you have the experience and ability we are looking for, then please send your CV now, with a covering letter (maximum two pages) to email@example.com.