Would you like to be part of solving one of the biggest environmental challenges on the planet? If so, now is the time for you to join our expanding Energy Systems & Infrastructure team at Cenex.
Cenex is a well-established, highly influential low emission transport technology organisation. We specialise in helping public and private sector organisations evaluate and deliver low emission vehicle and associated infrastructure strategies through a combination of research and consultancy activities. We are also an independent, not-for-profit organisation – allowing us to focus on tackling the topics which are most important (www.cenex.co.uk).
Due to the growth of our Energy Systems & Infrastructure team, we are recruiting an experienced Consultant to deliver projects looking at strategy and policy in sustainable energy and transport. This new role which reports to the Infrastructure Strategy Lead will be principally responsible for:
- Providing expert consultancy on transport and energy infrastructure to both public and private sector clients
- Working with clients, sponsors and partners to help advance the low carbon agenda for transport and energy and to support the transition to Net Zero
- Leading projects and project teams in the delivery of specific tasks or whole projects around the topic of low carbon transport infrastructure
- Leading and contributing written content and technical analysis for the preparation of reports
- Delivering qualitative and quantitative analysis and cost/benefit analyses to feed into projects across the business
- Carrying out a wide range of stakeholder or industry consultation activities
- Leading and contributing to the development of proposals for new work
We are looking for someone who can make an immediate contribution, so it is likely that you possess the following attributes:
- STEM or Geography degree (Masters level or above)
- Experience in providing expert consultancy on low emission technology strategies and national/regional policy, or experience developing and implementing low emission strategies in a public or private organisation
- Ability to balance and manage the delivery of a portfolio of projects, often with competing deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, including delivering qualitative, quantitative, and cost/benefit analyses and development of tools, models and spreadsheets to support the efficient delivery of our activities
- Demonstration of excellent communication, organising and influencing skills, including being able to present technically challenging data in verbal and written form
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including demonstrated ability to interpret the requirements of a customer and translate this into a succinct proposal
- Ability to work and travel flexibly in mainland Europe and UK
In addition, we are very interested in hearing from candidates who possess any of the following:
- Strong technical experience in relevant topics, such as EV charging infrastructure, stationary energy storage applications, hydrogen refuelling infrastructure or similar
- Previous experience in an energy or transport related Consultancy roles
- Experience in working in or supporting local government
- Experience with GIS systems
- Experience of industrial research within UK or European Union funded projects
- International experience and/or able to work in a second language
We provide an exciting and rewarding place for you to work, providing the opportunity to make a real difference in the world by working with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals who are committed to reducing the environmental impact of transport.
In addition to a competitive salary plus significant benefits such as flexible working, you will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
The role will be based either at our head office in Loughborough, or one of our smaller offices in Edinburgh or Amsterdam. However, the role is likely to involve regular travel within the UK and Europe.
We will be interviewing for this role after the Easter break, so if you feel you can combine your expertise in this field with the fantastic career opportunity Cenex provides, please send your CV now, with covering letter (maximum two pages) to email@example.com.
Closing date 26th April 2021.