Would you like to be part of solving one of the biggest environmental challenges on the planet? If so, now is the time for you to join our expanding Energy Systems & Infrastructure team at Cenex.
Cenex is a well-established, highly influential low emission vehicle research and consultancy. We specialise in helping public and private sector organisations evaluate and deliver low emission vehicle and associated infrastructure strategies. We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation. www.cenex.co.uk
Due to the growth of our Energy Systems & Infrastructure team, we are recruiting an experienced Consultant to deliver consultancy and research projects looking at strategy and policy in sustainable energy and transport. This new role which reports to the Infrastructure Strategy Lead will be principally responsible for:
- Working with clients, sponsors and partners to help advance energy infrastructure projects that support the transition to Net Zero transport and mobility
- Leading and contributing written content and technical analysis for the preparation of reports
- Delivering qualitative and quantitative analysis and cost/benefit analyses to feed into projects across the business
- Leading projects and project teams in the delivery of specific tasks or whole projects around the topic of low carbon transport infrastructure
- Carrying out a wide range of stakeholder or industry consultation activities
- Leading and contributing to the development of proposals for new work
- Working effectively as a team member on a range of projects
We are looking for someone who can make an immediate contribution, so it is likely that you possess the following attributes:
- STEM or Geography degree (Masters level or above)
- Significant experience in a relevant industry or local government, including some experience in development of strategy and policy
- Strong knowledge of the energy and transport sectors
- Ability to analyse and present technically challenging data in verbal and written form
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office. (Excel in particular)
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills and report construction
- Strong interpersonal and customer engagement ability
- Ability to work and travel flexibly in the UK and on occasion abroad
- Proven self-starter and capable of working unsupervised
- Entitled to legally work in the UK and/or Europe
In addition, we are very interested in hearing from candidates who possess any of the following:
- Knowledge of energy sector and understanding of the impact of electric vehicles on the electricity network
- Previous experience in an energy or transport related Consultancy role
- Strong interest in transport, energy and environmental technologies and policy
- Experience in working in or supporting local government
- Experience with GIS systems
- Experience of industrial research within UK or European Union funded projects.
- Chartered, or working towards chartership with a relevant industry body
- Vehicle industry engagement
- Information collection, database and statistical analysis experience
- International experience and/or able to work in a second language
We provide an exciting and rewarding place for you to work, providing the opportunity to make a real difference in the world by working with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals who are committed to reducing the environmental impact of transport.
In addition to a competitive salary plus significant benefits such as flexible working, you will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
We will be interviewing for this role from mid to late January 2021, so if you feel you can combine your expertise in this field with the fantastic career opportunity Cenex provides, please press ‘apply’ above now!