Are you looking for an opportunity to help shape the future of energy and transport? If so, Cenex has the perfect opportunity for you to use your experience in the energy and transport infrastructure field.
Cenex is a well-established, highly influential low emission transport technology organisation. We specialise in helping public and private sector organisations evaluate and deliver low emission vehicle and associated infrastructure strategies through a combination of research and consultancy activities. We are also an independent, not-for-profit organisation – allowing us to focus on tackling the topics which are most important (www.cenex.co.uk).
Due to the increasing demand for our services, we are recruiting Technical Consultants on a permanent basis to manage the delivery of a range of R&D and consultancy projects, with a focus on Electric Vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure. These new roles, reporting to the Senior Technical Specialist, will be principally responsible for:
- Providing expert consultancy on transport and energy infrastructure to both public and private sector clients
- Delivery of research projects in exciting new areas such as wireless and on-street charging and Vehicle-to-Grid
- Stakeholder engagement with key industry parties, including the writing of public industry reports and presenting at major industry conferences
- Leading and contributing to the development of proposals for new work
We are looking for someone who can make an immediate contribution, so it is likely that you possess the following attributes:
- Educated to Masters degree level or above in a related topic
- Strong technical experience in relevant topics, such as EV charging infrastructure, stationary energy storage applications, hydrogen refuelling infrastructure or similar
- Experience providing consultancy services for public and private customers
- Experience in the management and delivery of a portfolio of projects
- Experience in collaborative transport and/or energy research projects
- Demonstration of excellent communication, organising and influencing skills
- Ability to analyse and present technically challenging data in verbal and written form
- Ability to work and travel flexibly in mainland Europe and UK
We provide an exciting and rewarding place for you to work, providing the opportunity to make a real difference in the world by working with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals who are committed to reducing the environmental impact of transport.
In addition to a competitive salary plus significant benefits such as flexible working, you will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
The role will be based either at our head office in Loughborough, or one of our smaller offices in Edinburgh or Amsterdam. However, the role is likely to involve regular travel within the UK and Europe.
We will be interviewing for this role after the Easter break, so if you feel you can combine your expertise in this field with the fantastic career opportunity Cenex provides, please send your CV now, with covering letter (maximum two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 26th April 2021.