Climate change is the greatest challenge the world faces today. The UK government has committed to reach ‘net zero’ emissions by 2050. Changing how we travel, and how we move goods and services, will be essential for the UK to achieve that target. Emissions are reducing less from transport than from other sectors, so innovative solutions need to be developed and implemented quickly to achieve ‘net zero’.
Would you like to be part of an organisation working to solve these environmental challenges? If so, now is the time to join our expanding Transport Team at Cenex.
Cenex is a unique, influential low emission vehicle research and consultancy business. Though we are a small organisation, we are one of the leading voices in the UK for many sectors of the low and zero emission transport industry. We specialise in helping public and private sector organisations evaluate and deliver low emission vehicle and associated infrastructure strategies to enable them to achieve their own emission reduction targets. We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation, focusing on providing our clients with targeted advice and support that can make an immediate impact. If you want to know more about us and the work that we carry out, please visit our website at www.cenex.co.uk.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Specialist to join our Fleet Support Team at Cenex. The fleet support team works with fleet operators, vehicle suppliers, and our infrastructure strategy team to accelerate the transition to zero and low emission vehicles. We analyse fleet data and operations to highlight the most suitable vehicle technologies, develop and support low emission vehicle trials, and provide fleet operators with bespoke guidance and tools.
The role, reporting to the Fleet Support Team Leader, will involve the following activities. However, a key attraction of our research and consultancy work is the diversity it can provide.
- Undertaking zero and low emission vehicle suitability assessments for public and private sector fleet operators.
- Assessing the operational suitability, basic infrastructure requirements, total cost of ownership, and emissions savings potential of a range of low emission vehicle technologies.
- Developing and managing operational trials of low emission vehicle technologies including trial planning, data collection, analysis, and trial reporting.
- Improving fleet analysis tools and processes.
- Supporting market development for new low emission vehicle technologies and solutions.
- Technical report writing and presentation.
- Engaging with fleet and industry stakeholders through workshops, webinars, and other methods.
- Liaising with fleet customers to understand their requirements, present project progress, and address any risks or issues.
- Supporting business development by contributing to proposal writing.
We are looking for someone who can make an immediate contribution, possessing the following attributes:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics Degree (or equivalent).
- Experience in a relevant industry such as engineering, transport, or environment.
- Knowledge of electric vehicles or other low emission vehicle technologies.
- Strong data analysis skills with experience of Microsoft Excel as a minimum.
- Excellent technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to present complicated information to technical and non-technical audiences in both verbal and written form.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer engagement ability.
- Ability to work and travel flexibly in the UK and occasionally abroad.
- Able to work unsupervised with a task orientated approach.
- Experience of industrial research within UK or European Union funded projects.
- Competent in the use of any of the following: VBA, MATLAB, Python, R, SQL, or GIS.
- Experience of vehicle telemetry systems or energy monitoring equipment.
- Experience of engaging with or working in the vehicle industry.
- Interest in transport, environmental, and renewable energy projects, and policies.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification.
We provide an exciting and rewarding place of work, providing the opportunity to make a real difference in the world by working with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals who are committed to reducing the environmental impact of transport.
In addition to a competitive salary plus significant benefits such as flexible working hours, hybrid working policy, generous holiday entitlement (27 days plus statutory), stakeholder pension scheme (7.5% employer contribution) and electric vehicle/e-bike salary sacrifice scheme, you will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Monday 30 May 2022.