The UK Government’s Net Zero Strategy sets out how it intends to halve UK emissions in little over a decade, and to eliminate them by 2050, including the phasing out of petrol and diesel vehicle sales by 2035. This ambition to achieve Net Zero emissions will challenge individuals and businesses to make changes to how they undertake their day-to-day activities.
Would you like to be part of solving these environmental challenges and help the UK achieve its Net Zero ambition? If so, now is the time to join our expanding Transport Team at Cenex.
Cenex is a well-established, highly influential low emission vehicle research and consultancy business. Though we are a small organisation, we are one of the leading voices in the UK for many sectors of the low and zero emission transport industry. We specialise in helping public and private sector organisations evaluate and deliver low emission vehicle and associated infrastructure strategies to enable them to achieve their own emission reduction targets. We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation, focusing on providing our clients with targeted advice and support that can make an immediate impact across their business. So, if you want to make an impact and know more about us and the work that we carry out, including client case studies, please visit our website at www.cenex.co.uk.
Our Fleet Support team is currently recruiting for a Technical Specialist with industrial experience to manage and deliver low emission vehicle projects for fleet operators, technology providers, and other organisations aiming to introduce zero and low emission vehicle technologies. The fleet team provides low emission vehicle suitability advice, manages vehicle trials and analyses the performance of low emission vehicles, undertakes market studies, and develops fleet advice tools and guidance.The role, reporting to the Fleet Support Team Leader, will involve the following activities. However, a key attraction of our research and consultancy work is the breadth of diversity it can provide.
- Undertaking zero and low emission vehicle suitability assessments for public and private sector fleet operators.
- Assessing the operational suitability, infrastructure needs, total cost of ownership, emissions savings potential, and cost-benefit ratio of different low emission vehicle technologies.
- Developing and managing operational trials of low emission vehicle technologies including trial planning, data collection, analysis, and trial reporting.
- Developing internal and external fleet analysis tools and services.
- Undertaking market studies and supporting market development for new low emission vehicle technologies and solutions.
- Technical report writing and presentation.
- Engaging with fleet and industry stakeholders through workshops, webinars, and other methods.
- Project and financial management of allocated projects.
- Liaising with fleet customers to understand their requirements, present project progress, and address any risks or issues.
- Supporting business development by contributing to proposal writing.
We are looking for someone who can make an immediate contribution, possessing the following attributes:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Environmental or Mathematics Degree (or equivalent).
- Experience in a relevant industry or public sector role.
- Strong data analysis skills with experience of Microsoft Excel as a minimum.
- Excellent technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to present complicated information to technical and non-technical audiences in both verbal and written form.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer engagement ability.
- Ability to work and travel flexibly in the UK and occasionally abroad.
- Able to work unsupervised with a task orientated approach.
- Strong knowledge of low emission vehicle and infrastructure technologies.
- Previous industrial experience in a fleet, transport, or energy consultancy role.
- Experience of industrial research within UK or European Union funded projects.
- Competent in the use of any of the following: VBA, MATLAB, Python, R, SQL, or GIS.
- Experience of vehicle telemetry systems or energy monitoring equipment.
- Experience of engaging with or working in the vehicle industry.
- Strong knowledge of low emission vehicle infrastructure and energy systems.
- Interest in transport, environmental, and renewable energy projects, and policies.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification.
We provide an exciting and rewarding place of work, providing the opportunity to make a real difference in the world by working with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals who are committed to reducing the environmental impact of transport.
In addition to a competitive salary plus significant benefits such as flexible working hours, hybrid working policy, generous holiday entitlement (27 days plus statutory), stakeholder pension scheme (7.5% employer contribution) and electric vehicle/e-bike salary sacrifice scheme, you will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
We will be interviewing for this role from July 2022, so if you feel you can combine your expertise in this field with the fantastic career opportunity Cenex provides, please apply now!
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.