Midlands Truck & Van Limited, a commercial vehicle dealership with a growing range of electric vans, contacted Cenex to commission the development of a training course to ensure that their customer facing sales and other key staff members are fully knowledgeable and confident in discussing electric vehicle technology, including charging infrastructure requirements, with both current and prospective business customers.
Following a review of the training needs of the MT&V Ltd sales and management teams, Cenex developed and delivered a bespoke, online electric van training course, tailored to their requirements.
The following subject topics were covered within the course:
- Overview of electric light commercial vehicles, including operational suitability, Total Cost of Ownership analysis, environmental benefits, and potential drawbacks for business, including consideration of specialist body builds and power take-off requirements.
- Charging technologies to support electric vehicles, battery outputs and charging times, including access to public charging and depot-based installations, costs, challenges, and key suppliers in the market.
- Access to government grants and incentives, including national and regional policy and legislation to incentivise the use of electric vehicles.
- Common myths and objections raised by fleet operators and how to address them.
- Vehicle applications, best practice, and case studies.
- Decision making tools and procurement support.