Introduction to Programme
Local Partnerships has commissioned Cenex to provide ongoing specialist technical support to the Welsh Government Ultra-Low Emission Waste and Recycling Vehicle Programme.
By tracking the operation of the 28 deployed zero emission waste, recycling, and street cleansing vehicles across all 22 Welsh local authorities, Cenex has been able to create a set of resources and tools to assist planning and de-risk vehicle transition throughout Wales.
A dedicated website is being created currently to provide frequent updates on performance of vehicles and a more tailored solution for all Welsh local authorities.
Resources and Tools
General Guidance Documents
- EV and Infrastructure Procurement Checklist
- Vehicle Availability Catalogue
- Improving the Economics of eRCVs
- LA Data Provision Requirements
Vehicle Range Reports and Planning Tool
- Vehicle Performance Insights – Dennis Eagle eCollect eRCV
- Vehicle Energy Model – 26t Dennis Eagle eCollect eRCV.
- Vehicle Performance Insights – 16t Electric Sweeper
- Vehicle Energy Model – – 16t Electric Sweeper
Infrastructure Guidance Documents
- Fleet Charging Consideration Checklist
- Introduction to EV Charging
- Introduction to Load Management
- Depot Site Assessment Methodology
The overall objective of the project is to reduce public sector emissions (greenhouse gas, air quality and noise emissions) by transitioning the entire fleet, including the provision of the required infrastructure powered by renewable energy, to ultra-low emission vehicles by 2030.
The ultimate success of the project will therefore be measured by accelerating the number of ultra-low emission vehicles on the fleet compared to the current vehicle replacement programmes.
Cenex deliverables include, but are not limited to the following:
- Baselining of the current Welsh fleet
- Quarterly ultra-low emission vehicle performance reports
- Electric vehicle charging infrastructure guidance documents and knowledge sharing. Including a webinar hosted by Cenex and Local Partnerships for all Welsh Local Authorities. See resources for downloads
- Statistical models of ultra-low emission waste and recycling vehicles
- Ultra-low emission vehicle case studies